Because children's Reflexology is nurturing and gentle, it is an ideal modality for little feet. The gentle pressure that is used
can help with allergies, digestion (colic, upset stomachs, constipation), insomnia, bed wetting, teething problems and more.
It’s easy to think that children don't really suffer from aches and pains, and that adults are the only ones that need to be physically
pampered from time to time. However, any parent who’s had to cope with the anxiety of watching their children teething, fighting off infections (very common at this age because children’s
immune systems are not fully developed), suffering ear and eye problems, insomnia, digestive issues or confidence problems are very aware of the fact that children do need to be pampered
Every parent wants to see their children and babies healthy and happy, and Reflexology is undoubtedly one of the best natural alternative
medicine to achieve this. It involves very gentle pressure applied on the feet to help stimulate the proper functioning of organs and systems, as well as strengthening the immune system against
all types of diseases. It is a very rewarding way to help children in their early years and it may be applied without any problems. It is simple, nurturing and safe.
Reflexology may help with the following conditions:
- Hyperactivity / underactivity – hyper children calm down with reflexology and sluggish children are stimulated and energised.
- Fever & infection
- Respiratory infections and disorders
- Bed wetting
- Ear disorders, including glue ear
- Developmental difficulties
- Digestive Disorders
- Skin problems including eczema and acne
- Emotional problems
- Hormonal problems in puberty
- Sleep disturbances
There are 10 main benefits:
- It is a very effective way for parents to help their children to be healthy. It promotes an emotional
bond between parents and children and is easy to learn if the parent is interested in being the one who performs the massage.
- Helps balance the organs, body systems and emotional energy.
- Stimulates blood circulation, helping to deliver nutrients to all body cells.
- Stimulates the functioning of the endocrine glands, which produce hormones, etc.
- Balances the body's vital energy to help combat muscle and back pain, and can help reduce headaches,
migraine, eye problems, and problems such as glue ear.
- Reinforces and supports the body's defences against lung problems such as colds, coughs, sore throats and
tonsillitis, which are frequent at this age.
- It helps to relax children when they are crying or upset. It helps at night to help them sleep, combats
insomnia and therefore improves concentration on school days.
- Helps regulate the digestive system. One of the problems that can occur in the first months is colic, which
is due to the development of the immature digestive system. Reflexology can help regulate and reduce the symptoms of colic and can also combat diarrhoea or constipation - it helps tone the
intestines and encourage their smooth operation.
- It helps to strengthen and balance the immune system. This is really important as it can help the child to
fight the germs and foreign substances that fill their environment. A strong immune system can prevent infection and allergies for the rest of our lives.
- It encourages the self-healing capacity of the body. Unlike conventional medicines, which often focus
on treating symptoms rather than addressing the causes of ailments, Reflexology balances and encourages self-healing, making children strong and resistant to infections and diseases of all
kinds. Children grow up healthier and less dependent on doctors and medicines, and will have a growing confidence that their body has an amazing ability to heal and repair itself, with only a
little help from us, such as Reflexology, preparing them for lives less dependent on drugs.
Is it safe?
This is a frequently asked question, and the answer is: Absolutely! It even provides very beneficial effects, such
as relaxation, wellbeing and emotional regulation. The healing power of touch is something that children need to balance their energy system, providing them with confidence and
How Long does a Treatment Last?
Because children's feet are very sensitive, I would recommend treatment times of no more than 30 minutes
#reflexology #Stone #holistictherapy #holistic #healing #children #anxiety #pain #digestion #hormones #sleep #relaxation #relax
#balance #health #glueear #vouchers #teething #bedwetting #energy #nurturing