If you are interested in a treatment, or would like an informal chat about whether Reflexology would be
suitable for you, please feel free to:
**** Please check your Spam or Junk folders for my emails! The gremlins seem to
be sending my replies to them! ****
I can't always respond immediately if I'm with another client, but I will always get back to you as quickly as I can.
You can also find out more on my Facebook page.
If you'd like to save time in the initial consultation, please click on the Consultation Form
below the contact form, fill it in and bring it with you to the tratment session.
If you're bringing your child for a treatment, please download the Child Consultation
If you are making your first appointment, I will reserve your slot for you and I will ask you to do a
Bank Transfer to confirm the appointment. Once this is done, it's in the diary and I will send you an email to confirm this.
If payment hasn't been made within 48 hours of the booking being made, then I will assume you'd rather not
come, and I will cancel it.
PRIVACY & CONSENT NOTICE
Your Personal Information - General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GDPR is bringing in new legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I gather via my website, and why, and what your rights are.
Therapist’s Name/Identity: Jo Coombs (Barefoot Reflexology)
Therapist’s Contact Details:
Telephone No: 07590 489927
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 20 Coalport Drive, Stone, Staffs, ST15 0XU
Data Controller Contact Details: Barefoot Reflexology (Jo Coombs)
The Purpose of processing Client Data
In order to give professional reflexology treatments, I will need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about your health. I will only use this information for
informing reflexology treatments and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing,which I will offer to you. I take basic contact details and information via my website
to allow me to contact you and handle bookings.
Lawful Basis for Holding and Using Client Information
As a full member of the Association of Reflexologists, I abide by the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics. The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is:my legitimate interests
i.e.my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice
As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), theAdditional Condition under which I hold and use this information is:for me to fulfil my role as a health care
practitioner bound under the AoR Confidentiality as defined in the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics.
What Information I Hold and What I Do With It
In order to give professional reflexology treatments, I will need to ask for and keep information about your health. I will only use this for informing reflexology treatments and any
advice I give as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
- Your contact details
- Medical history and other health-related information (which I will take from you at first consultation)
- Treatment details and related notes (which I will take after each consultation)
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than within my own practice, or as required for legal process) without
explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent.
It may be helpful for your treatment for me to share your information with:your GPfor the following reasons:if I need a GP’s permission to treat youprior to treatment
How Long I Retain Your Information For
I will keep your information for the following periods:
- ‘claims occurring’ insurance: (records to be kept for 7 years after last treatment)
- law regarding children’s records (records to be kept until the child is 25 or if 17 when treated, then 26)
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial
procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
I will contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
- Reflexology information or information related to your health
- Special offers and promotions (you may unsubscribe from this at any time)
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed: To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access: To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification: To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”): For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other
- The right to object: To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office: To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being
used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above.
If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office; their contact details are at: www.ico.org.uk
- If you don’t agree to your therapist keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments,
the therapist may not be able to treat you
- Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep
these details until after that period has passed
- Your therapist can move their records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.
#reflexology #Stone #holistictherapy #holistic #healing #stress #anxiety #pain #menopause #hormoneimbalance #sleep #PMS #crohns #IBS
#relaxation #relax #balance #health #relax #vouchers #sciatica #bereavement #grief